Connect, expand, enrich your world. Anytime, anywhere you need us.
The Columbia County Rural Library District is an accessible and valued resource, committed and responsive to the lifelong learning and recreational needs of the entire community.
- We serve the community as a reliable source of information.
- We provide opportunity and encouragement for children, young adult people, men and women to educate themselves continuously.
- We provide access to information so that inquiring minds may encounter, original, diverse, and critical ideas.
- We are responsive and helpful.
- We fill our libraries with a wide variety of materials and services.
- We develop and maintain clean, inviting library facilities and render services that keep pace with anticipated population growth and changing community needs.
- We provide opportunity for and collaborate with other organizations to provide recreation through the use of literature, music, videos, electronic and other media.
- We provide reference, readers’ advisory, and borrower services for users of all ages and backgrounds.
- We offer the opportunity to learn and use information technology services.
- We actively support and defend intellectual freedom and the confidentiality of each patron’s use of the library.
- We explore and develop alternative library services.
- We collaborate with schools and other organizations providing services that complement rather than compete.
Download the current plan in .pdf format (113.49kb)