Posted by: amy on Apr 10, 2013
Tagged in: Reviews & Recommended Books
Get out of town with a good book!
Check out these travel narratives available at the library...
In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson. A funny and factual account of his trip to Australia by America’s premier travel writing humorist. BASM 919.4 BRY
· Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. The author leaves her entire life behind and takes a year to travel the world and focus on food, faith and love. BASM B GIL
· Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. Steinbeck chronicles his trip across America aboard his camper, Rosinante with his poodle, Charley during one of the most tumultuous times in our nations history. BASM 973.92 STE
· Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail by Cheryl Strayed. Told with suspense and style, sparkling with warmth and humor, Wild powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddened, strengthened, and ultimately healed her. (from amazon.com) B STR
Or explore the joys of staying home…
· Where the Bluebird Sings to the Lemonade Springs: Living & Writing in the West by Wallace Stegner. BASM 813.52 STE
· Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes BASM 945.5 MAY